10/2/18

Debbie

The other day I saw an older tiny lady looking for change in her purse for some chips - she was the lady who stands on the corner with the paper people sell for donations. I told her I could pay for her chips. She said thank you - and when i was leaving the gas station, she asked for a ride. She is tiny, about late 60s. There are assaults and robberies on the corner and i said yes. Her apartment complex is across the way from mine. She told me her name was Debbie and she had a cigarette behind her ear. Probably bummed one. This tiny lady made me feel positive and safe as we talked in the car - she is one of the strongest women i know. She starts on the corner at 6:30 AM and stays all day. She has an apartment. She's alone. And she's amazing. I could feel such strength from her..... thank you Debbie. 

1 comment:

Angel Pets said...

A lovely and strong post. When we are ready the teacher always appears. It sounds like Debbie is a very important part of all of us, and finding our inner strength opens us to so many amazing opportunities. I am so glad you "met" her. I don't believe in coincidences <3