10/2/18

CAT IN THE HOOD - Chiquita's Story


"I am telling my tale from my hiding bush in this third world America. Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm a totally self-contained kitty - with the help of a human who seems to care - sending food my way and water. I won't let go of my instincts though - bugs have always been delicious and I'm not about to give them up! My name is Chiquita. I have survived being trapped and my sex taken from me - but, in the long run - it's ok - I don't have to worry about being chased by these big old toms and attacked. I don't want to go through what my mom did. She did her very best. Me and my brother left - she didn't make it. We did - I am a survivor - I'm a cat in the hood." 

“You need to know first about me. I love my freedom – that’s number one. I’m two years old and according to statistics I won’t live much past five unless my human keeps caring for me – then I may be able to have a full life. But it’s not easy dodging those souped-up motorcycles that split my eardrums and cars that sound like bombs are driving them from across the street! Why do humans so love noise? Don’t they understand how much more they could learn and thrive if they simply would listen to what’s around them?” ... to be continued....

No comments: